Thermal insulation refractories refer to refractory materials with high porosity, low volume density and low thermal conductivity. Thermal insulation refractories are also called lightweight refractories. They include insulating refractory products, refractory fibers and refractory fiber products.
The characteristics of insulating refractory material is of high porosity, generally 40% to 85%; the volume density is low, generally less than 1.5g/cm3; the thermal conductivity is low, generally less than 1.0W (M - K). It is used as the insulation material of industrial furnace, furnace can reduce heat loss, save energy, and reduce thermal insulation equipment weight. The mechanical strength of refractory material, abrasion resistance and slag resistance is poor, should not be used for load-bearing structure of furnace slag, furnace, and direct contact with the molten metal and other parts.
thermal insulating refractory products
Heat insulation refractories are refractory products with a porosity of less than 45%. There are many kinds of heat-insulating refractory products. The main classification methods are as follows:
(1) according to the temperature, it can be divided into low temperature insulation refractories (use temperature of 600~900 degrees C), medium temperature insulation refractories (use temperature 900~1200 degrees C) and high temperature insulation refractories (use temperature is greater than 1200 degrees C).
(2) the bulk density is divided into general light refractories (volume density is 0.4 ~ 1.0g/cm3) and ultra low light refractories (volume density is lower than 0.4g/cm3).
(3) it is divided into heat insulating refractory materials such as clay, high alumina, siliceous and magnesia according to the raw material.
(4) according to the method of production, it can be divided into heat insulation refractory materials such as burnout addition method, foam method, chemical method and porous material method.
(5) according to the shape of the product, it is divided into fixed heat insulation refractory products and unshaped heat insulation refractory products.
Heat insulation refractory products and compact refractory products are different, the main methods are burnout addition method, foam method, chemical method and porous material method.