Interpretation of the National Standard of "Protective Clothing Forest Fireproof Clothing"
Author: Wang Lifu Published: April 6, 2017 Source: Standard Committee Secretariat
1. Background of standard setting
(1) The party and the country attach great importance to the safety of firefighters Forest fires are the biggest killer of forest resources and the biggest enemy of ecological security.
Fighting forest fires is a very complicated, difficult and dangerous job. The firefighters are burned by the high temperature of the forest fire. Normal work clothes cannot protect the safety and health of the firefighters. Burns are common accidents in forest fire fighting. They are caused by the burning of forest combustibles, high temperature of fires, and burning of trees. The burns are not only skin damage, but also deep into muscles and bones. A series of systemic changes, such as shock and infection. Forest fireproof clothing is a special workwear specially designed for forest firefighters to wear to protect against flames, hot objects and other injuries when extinguishing fires. The use of protective clothing with excellent protective performance is an effective guarantee to reduce the degree of firefighter injuries and improve the team's combat capability.
The "Forest Fire Prevention Regulations" stipulates "to do a good job in the safety protection of fire-fighting personnel, and to prevent the casualties as much as possible." National leaders have also made important instructions on fire safety issues on many occasions. In recent years, the state ’s efforts to protect forest firefighters have continued to increase, and investment has been increasing substantially. Nevertheless, forest fire burns have occurred from time to time, threatening the lives of victims and causing great physical and mental pain.
(2) There are some problems in the original forest fire protection clothing
If the strength of the material is insufficient, the clothing is easy to be scratched or torn when fighting forest fires. The flame retardant performance of many cotton fabrics does not meet the requirements of the number of washings. The number of washings will shrink so severely that it cannot be worn again. Comfortable, the smell of flame retardant treatment agent is smoked, high formaldehyde content and so on. Putting aside the reasons for the "not up to standard" products provided by some merchants, we only analyze from the technical level: the original fabrics for making forest fireproof clothing are all "pure cotton" as the main reason.
1. The breaking strength and tearing strength are not enough. Because forest fires need to be shuttled around in the forest, they are easily scratched and torn. The strength of pure cotton fabric is limited, and it cannot meet the strength requirements of scratch resistance and tear resistance. In order to solve this problem, the only way to thicken the fabric is to increase the weight and hardness and reduce the performance. Its scratch resistance and tear resistance performance can not meet the actual needs.
2. The flame retardant performance is difficult to meet the standard. The fabric of the forest fireproof clothing is made of cotton grey cloth with flame retardants and pigments, which are processed by post dyeing and finishing. Due to technical and other reasons, the flame retardant performance of many fabrics does not meet the standard requirements. Based on the characteristics of pure cotton fabrics, if the flame retardant performance index is increased, the fabric will be brittle and the strength will be reduced; washing will cause the flame retardant performance to decline. The flame retardant properties of many fabrics can not meet the requirements of washing times.
3. Poor safety and environmental performance. In the past, the fabrics used to make forest fireproof clothing were flame retarded with phosphate esters in the later stage. If the treatment is not good, the fabric will have a urea smell and high formaldehyde content.
4. Poor temperature and humidity resistance. Clothing stored for more than 2 years will cause a strong decline.
5. Poor cleaning ability and shrinkage easily. The charcoal ash and engine oil during the fire are difficult to clean when they get on the clothing. Repeated washing causes the clothing to shrink, its strength decreases, and the clothing shrinks and cannot be worn again.
(3) The original standard cannot meet the needs
The "Forest Fireproof Clothing" (LD58-94) industry standard was promulgated and implemented by the former Ministry of Labor in 1994. For more than two decades, it has played an important role in protecting the safety of personnel. With the development of society, the state pays more and more attention to safety production, and the requirements for personal protective equipment are becoming higher and higher. The content and indicators of the original "Forest Fireproof Clothing" standard are incomplete and the requirements are not high, which cannot solve the problems of fireproof clothing. , Seriously affecting the protection of forest firefighters. Therefore, the need to formulate new forest fire protection clothing standards is becoming more and more urgent.
(4) The emergence of high-strength flame-retardant materials provides a guarantee for the formulation of new standards. With the rapid development of science and technology, new high-strength flame-retardant materials continue to emerge, providing a basis and guarantee for the upgrading of forest fire protection clothing. Developed countries have generally adopted new flame retardant materials to make fire-fighting clothing, and domestic urban fire departments and some forest fire departments have also generally adopted new flame-retardant materials based on aramid to make fire-fighting clothing. Among them, the Armed Police Forest Force has been fully equipped with domestic aramid combat uniforms since 2006. Practice has proved that the new aramid protective clothing has outstanding protective performance and good use effect, and has been welcomed by the majority of officers and soldiers.
In order to solve the problems of forest fire protection clothing as soon as possible and meet the urgent needs of forest fire protection work, the National Standardization Management Committee issued the National Standard Plan for Protective Clothing and Forest Fire Protection Clothing in 2014. After more than three years of efforts by the writing team, the drafting of the standard was completed. On February 28, 2017, the National Standards Committee approved the release of the national standard "Protective Clothing and Forest Fireproof Clothing".
2. The significance of standard setting and implementation
1. Solve the problems of the previous forest fire protection clothing, so as to greatly improve the safety protection level and combat capabilities of forest firefighting workers, and better protect forest resources.
2. The implementation of the new standard is the beginning of the renewal of forest fire prevention clothing, and also a revolution in the renewal of personal safety protection equipment for forest fire prevention. It is also a concrete manifestation of the personal value protection and life respect of forest fire prevention personnel.
3. The continuous expansion of the application range of new flame-retardant fabrics can speed up the research and development of new materials in China, improve the quality of forest fireproof clothing products, and continuously reduce their costs. The state, enterprises and users can all benefit from it.
3. Main contents of the standard The "standard" includes 7 chapters and 1 appendix.
The main contents include: definition, technical requirements, test methods, inspection rules and identification of forest fire protection clothing. (1) Definition of forest fire protection clothing. Workers wear protective clothing to protect against flames, hot objects, etc. when carrying out forest fires.
(2) Technical requirements. Including materials (fabric, sewing thread, reflective tape, accessories and accessories), size structure, sewing, appearance, physical and chemical properties of finished garments. With regard to fabrics, the following main indicators (also the core indicators of this standard) are specified.
1. Fabric color: set to orange-red. Reasons: On the one hand, the determination of orange is a common international practice. For example, the forest fire-fighting suits in the United States, Canada, Australia and other countries are orange-red. The main reason is that the orange-red is bright and eye-catching, which is easy to identify in the forest. On the other hand, China has always required the use of orange-red in forest fire protection products. Orange-red has been deeply rooted in people's hearts. As a professional forest fire fighting team, uniform clothing colors are conducive to standardized management.
2. The flame retardant performance is mainly stipulated that the continuous burning time and smoldering time are less than or equal to 1 second, and the damage length is less than or equal to 50 mm. These three indicators are slightly higher than the original "Forest Fireproof Clothing" (LD58-94) industry standard. Flame retardancy does not mean not to burn, but to control the burning speed within a certain range. Even if it is lit by an open flame, it can be extinguished automatically when leaving the open flame, and the burning part is quickly carbonized without melting, dripping or piercing, giving people time to evacuate the burning scene or take off the burning clothes, reduce or avoid burns and scalds, To achieve the purpose of protection. This kind of flame-retardant technical protection form of flame-retardant fabrics prevents the fire from spreading and disappearing invisible, which is of great significance to reduce fire accidents and avoid burns and damage.
3. Physical and chemical properties: Mainly stipulates the breaking strength (longitudinal and weft directions are not less than 1100 Newtons and 1000 Newtons respectively) and tearing strength (longitudinal and weft directions are not less than 100 Newtons) after washing 50 times. These two indicators are not specified in the original "Forest Fireproof Clothing" (LD58-94) line standard. The higher breaking strength and tearing strength of the fabric is helpful for the clothing not to be easily torn and scratched during the fire fighting operation, thereby also extending the service life of the clothing. In the physical and chemical properties, indicators such as "quality per unit area, rate of change in washing size, thermal stability, formaldehyde content, PH value and color fastness" are added. Among them, "mass per unit area ≤210g / m2" is the highest value of the limited fabric weight. Limited fabric weight, using thin fabrics to make clothing, flexible wearing and convenient operation; limited fabric weight is conducive to scientific and technological progress, and continuously introduce high-performance fabrics with excellent performance and low weight to further reduce costs; considering the large difference between North and South, The low fabric weight is beneficial to the health of firefighters, and the thin and light clothing is easy to wash. In addition, technical regulations have also been made on sewing threads, reflective tapes, accessories and accessories.
(3) Size structure, sewing, appearance, physical and chemical properties of finished garments. The main requirements are based on the actual situation and needs of forest fire suppression work. For example, the structure of the garment requires the jacket to be "tight cuffs and tight necklines", and the pants "tight feet", which is considered to prevent fire and dust from entering the clothes during fire fighting operations. Due to the high intensity of forest fire fighting operations, higher requirements are specified for the easily broken parts such as the crotch-the breaking strength of the back crotch seam and shoulder seam is not less than 650 Newtons.
(4) Test method. The test methods specified in this standard are 21 items, covering almost all the tests required for forest fire protection clothing. Such as the flame retardant performance of the fabric, breaking strength test, tear strength test, etc. The original "Forest Fireproof Clothing" (LD58-94) specified only 5 test methods.
In addition, this standard also specifies inspection rules and identification.
Jiaxing Fuliong Textile Technology Co., LTD. is a professional textile company, specialized in researching, developing, manufacturing and distributing special functional textile materials. With the help of advanced design methods and concept introduced from abroad and capitalizing upon years of research and application in the high tech raw materials field, Fuliong has manufactured and marketed a wide range of series of personal and industrial protection fabrics and products with excellent quality.