Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber, also known as high-strength high-modulus polyethylene fiber is the world's highest strength and modulus fiber, the molecular weight can reach 1 million to 5 million. UHMWPE, carbon fiber, aramid fiber are the world's three major high-tech specialty fiber, is the world's highest strength fiber.
Among the three specialty fibers, UHMWPE has the lightest quality, good chemical stability, abrasion and bending resistance, tensile strength, fatigue resistance and cutting resistance. It is used in the national defense fields such as aerospace, bullet-proof and stab-resistant manufacturing and automobile manufacturing, sports equipment, labor protection supplies and other civilian areas.
UHMWPE Fiber Properties
1. High specific strength, high modulus.
2. Low fiber density, density is 0.97g / cm3, can float on the water.
3. Has outstanding impact resistance and cutting resistance.
4. Anti-UV radiation, anti-neutron and gamma rays, higher than the energy absorption, low dielectric constant, electromagnetic wave transmittance.
5. Chemical resistance, wear resistance, longer flex life.