Glass fiber (also known as fiberglass) is an inorganic non-metallic material with excellent properties. Compared with organic fiber, glass fiber is more resistant to temperature, non-combustible, anti-corrosion, heat insulation, sound insulation, and it has high tensile strength and good electrical insulation.
However, it is brittle and has poor abrasion resistance. Used to make reinforced plastic or reinforced rubber as a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics, which make the use of glass fiber much wider than other types of fiber.
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).
(2) High modulus of elasticity and good rigidity.
(3) The amount of elongation in the elastic limit is large and the tensile strength is high, so the absorption impact energy is large.
(4) It is an inorganic fiber, which is incombustible and chemically resistant.
(5) The water absorption is small.
(6) Scale stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) It has good processability and can be used as a product of different forms such as strands, bundles, felts and woven fabrics.
(8) Transparent and transparent to light.
(9) Good adhesion to the resin.
(10) The price is cheap.
(11) It is not easy to burn, and it can be melted into glassy beads at high temperature.
Jiaxing Fuliong Textile Technology Co., LTD. is a professional textile company, specialized in researching, developing, manufacturing and distributing special functional textile materials. With the help of advanced design methods and concept introduced from abroad and capitalizing upon years of research and application in the high tech raw materials field, Fuliong has manufactured and marketed a wide range of series of personal and industrial protection fabrics and products with excellent quality.